The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology (/showthread.php?tid=1202)

Pages: 1 2 3

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Sparky - 13th November 2008

Can someone re-produce it here, please, so that we don't have to buy it on conscientious grounds, please?

'Mum!!! Can you get me the toilet roll, please!'

Noam Chomsky

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Bier Keller - 13th November 2008

Nowt wrong with the Daily Fascist. Its got words (but I dont really bother with them) and pictures (which are great for colouring in).

Is there such a thing as Fasc on line where the article might be reproduced?

Just give me a cold Becks

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Austin Ainsworth - 14th November 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Bier Keller

Nowt wrong with the Daily Fascist. Its got words (but I dont really bother with them) and pictures (which are great for colouring in).

Is there such a thing as Fasc on line where the article might be reproduced?

Just give me a cold Becks

Bite the bullet, pay the 50p and buy the offensive rag; the rest of us had to. The article is on message with the way things are at the moment and the quotes from BAJR Host are spot on.

[Image: OzinLondon.jpg]

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Sparky - 14th November 2008

I refuse to pay 50p to the proprieters of the Daily Lie.

Bier Keller, you should be ashamed of yourself. Did you find it on-line?

'Mum!!! Can you get me the toilet roll, please!'

Noam Chomsky

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Curator Kid - 14th November 2008

I couldn't find it on line. Couldn't bring myself to buy the Daily Mail either. :face-confused::face-confused::face-confused::face-confused:

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - kevin wooldridge - 14th November 2008

As far as I can work out it doesn't appear in the online edition.

I stood in the foreign newspaper shop here in Oslo, took the Mail off the shelf read the article and then put it back. Norwegian shop assistants are too polite to tell you to sling your hook, unlike the average UK WH Smiths staff person

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - BAJR Host - 14th November 2008

It's here ... just for you!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7981632/DailyMail?secret_password=33lurx2d3c6rjjlygfv

you will have to print it.. as er... its rotated

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - RedEarth - 14th November 2008

It's actually quite reasonable - I have a copy somewhere of a similar article from several years ago from another paper; be interesting to compare advice and pay scales!

I do find the suggestion that studying history is not helpful, apart from ancient history, quite hilarious though when talking about working in the UK. Given that all the ancient history I ever learnt involved ancient Greeks, in Greece, it's never seemed very helpful while standing in a muddy field in the UK! Should have done Latin!

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - shovelnomore - 14th November 2008

History graduate here...

do we really need more Romanists or prehistorians? Post 1500 is where it's at!

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Rachelintheoffice - 20th November 2008

Since somebody asked... the reason why there are no archaeological jobs in The Guardian any more is that nobody wants to pay what the Grauniad charges for its job ads. I organised an advert back in 1993 and couldn't believe how much it cost then - can't imagine that the price has gone down since.