The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology (/showthread.php?tid=1202)

Pages: 1 2 3

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - BAJR Host - 12th November 2008

Good timing... and perhaps not the paper of choice for archaeologists...

but thursday will find the Daily Mail looking at archaeology as a career... Wink

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - gonetopot - 13th November 2008

Thanks for the warning Mr Host, it will be interesting to see who wrote it.

Perhaps a sign of the times but more and more archaeologist I encounter seem to read the Daily Mail, followed by (in site huts) The Sun, The Times and then the Grauniad. Possibly the general lack of archaeological jobs (except managerial) in The Guardian is a factor. I wonder where they've all gone??!!

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Gog - 13th November 2008

When you say Daily Mail, do you mean the 'newspaper' (chortle), or are you using the standard euphemism for Current Archaeology?

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Sparky - 13th November 2008

Big Grin

Daily Mail reading archaeologists? That explains a lot.

'Mum!!! Can you get me the toilet roll, please!'

Noam Chomsky

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Oxbeast - 13th November 2008

Perhaps make the Daily Mail readers first in line for lay offs. That would give them something to be really indignant about. I seem to remember having an argument with this girl about whether MMR causes autism. Aaarg.

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Sparky - 13th November 2008

Surely MMR causes symptoms of Jonathon Ross, and hoards of Russel Brands to seek asylum in England, sorry, I meant Britain.

'Mum!!! Can you get me the toilet roll, please!'

Noam Chomsky

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - Austin Ainsworth - 13th November 2008

The article isn't too bad, a reasonably honest appraisal of the current situation.

[Image: OzinLondon.jpg]

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - BAJR Host - 13th November 2008

This means I will have to go and buy it Smile

I can now confess that they talked with me about it... I was terrified it would be horribly altered ... and I would never show my face again... they talked to many others too... I think we all said the same thing.... Career and Archaeology are not words that fit together now!

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - gonetopot - 13th November 2008

Having gone and bought the Mail, actually an insightful and fairly accurate bit of advice to those wanting to start in archaeology - with a suitably depressing comment on the wages to expect.

Nice plug for BAJR at the top of the article!

Daily Mail - Guide to archaeology - chiz - 13th November 2008

and lets face it, a lot of prospective archaeologists do actually come from families where the Daily Mail is the Lie of choice...