The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Profiling the Profession 2008 - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Profiling the Profession 2008 (/showthread.php?tid=1134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Profiling the Profession 2008 - BAJR Host - 7th October 2008

Its out... ( I found it - would have been better to have been told Wink - see comments on letting as many people know whats going on .. ahem)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6427906/Archaeology-Labour-Market-Intelligence-Profiling-the-Profession-2008

Its big... lots of information... will take time to read... but please feel free to comment. (remember this is the best we have to look at what is happening)

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

Profiling the Profession 2008 - historic building - 7th October 2008

If you are a member you get a copy of the very fat document sent to you.

If you are not... :face-thinks: you just have to know... ps BAJR provided a lot of data for this as well.. so would have been polite to let me know it was out.

anyway... lots of info to view and digest.. (well done to those who contributed and produced it)

Borekickers

Profiling the Profession 2008 - oldgirl - 7th October 2008

It is on the 'news' section of the IFA website.....

and is now also here Big Grin for those that don't regulary check the IFA news section

Borekickers

Profiling the Profession 2008 - kevin wooldridge - 8th October 2008

Nothing wrong with the report, but.....

I think what I would have liked (at great saving to both the IFA and the postmans back) would have been the document on CD or just in downloadable form on the IFA site. Don't really understand in this day and age, bearng in mind the nature of the report and its size and the fact that it seems to be the UK part of pan-European series), why several small rainforests had to be destroyed in its making. And these comments I will also pass onto the IFA....

Profiling the Profession 2008 - oldgirl - 8th October 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by kevin wooldridge

Nothing wrong with the report, but.....

I think what I would have liked (at great saving to both the IFA and the postmans back) would have been the document on CD or just in downloadable form on the IFA site. Don't really understand in this day and age, bearng in mind the nature of the report and its size and the fact that it seems to be the UK part of pan-European series), why several small rainforests had to be destroyed in its making. And these comments I will also pass onto the IFA....

You can download it from the link at this site:

http://www.archaeologists.net/modules/news/

Or did you mean only digital format?

Profiling the Profession 2008 - BAJR Host - 8th October 2008

The number of reports sent to IFA members x 265 pages... yikes! A lot of cost.

Borekickers

Profiling the Profession 2008 - Paul Belford - 8th October 2008

A cost not directly borne (at least not entirely) by IFA members since this was part of the 'Discovering the Archaeologists of Europe' project which has European funding.

And the pan-European findings make interesting reading. Did you know that the average wage for a Cypriot archaeologist is £40,000? or that over 20% of German archaeologists do not have a degree (compared to around 5% for everywhere else)?

Profiling the Profession 2008 - 1man1desk - 8th October 2008

Quote:quote: It is on the 'news' section of the IFA website.....
Quote:quote:and is now also here for those that don't regulary check the IFA news section
Yes, but then anyone who shows a high level of interest in the IFA and its doings, and regularly comments on them, might be expected to check the IFA news section every so often.

I am not an expert on outreach or publicity. Could those calling for better publicity for IFA reports give any suggestions for how they should have gone about it, bearing in mind the very limited resources available to the IFA?

I would endorse what has been said about distributing the tome. I would have preferred to receive a CD, or even just an e-mail telling me where to download the report.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished