The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
An antidote to Bonekickers - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: An antidote to Bonekickers (/showthread.php?tid=1054)

An antidote to Bonekickers - BAJR Host - 30th July 2008

Excellent short documentary

Ephemera, made in 2004 by Sean Caveille, is a short film about the popularity of archaeology/history programmes on TV.

http://www.pasthorizons.tv/tv/view/158/ephemera-archaeology-on-television/

:face-approve:

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

An antidote to Bonekickers - RedEarth - 31st July 2008

That is really quite impressive, althougth the novel projection style does give the talking heads (quite lidderally) a slightly creepy look. Francis Prior seems to look a lot like Treebeard as a result! A very nice piece of film though.

An antidote to Bonekickers - m300572 - 1st August 2008

"Francis Prior seems to look a lot like Treebeard as a result! "

And.....?

An antidote to Bonekickers - RedEarth - 2nd August 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by m300572

"Francis Prior seems to look a lot like Treebeard as a result! "

And.....?

Nothing, I suppose that is quite normal...

Funny how you never see them in the same room!

An antidote to Bonekickers - Digitaldigging - 2nd August 2008

V.good.
I think this should be forwarded to the guys at the BBC who hire comissioning editors. It displays that you can't force people to be interested in something. But if you make something interesting enough. . .

An antidote to Bonekickers - BAJR Host - 2nd August 2008

what a concept... you mean, if an item is actually interesting, then people would actually want to watch it, rather than being told that they should watch it as it is good...

I agree, by the way... it makes you want to watch... it makes you want to listen... and then you want to listen again!

(bet...er... yes... treebeard it is!)

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

An antidote to Bonekickers - Digitaldigging - 2nd August 2008

"what a concept... you mean, if an item is actually interesting, then people would actually want to watch it, rather than being told that they should watch it as it is good..."

Radical, but perhaps worth a try. A couple of my daughter's friends came over the other day and I stuck some 'Ghosts of Motley Hall' and 'Catweezle' on the player - they sat through it silently and lapped it up. Motley Hall, if you remember, is more or less a bunch of character actors telling stoies in a hall. But if you look at CBBC or CITV all you get is astounding levels of noise and quick-cuts - which leads me to believe that the commissioning editors of programmes for all age levels are convinced we are some sort of cat hybrid which requires nothing more demanding than a squeeky noise and a twitching ball of wool, or that they are lazy idle ******s (I think I spelled that right) who don't deserve their jobs.