The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Festival of BRITISH archaeology ? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Festival of BRITISH archaeology ? (/showthread.php?tid=1052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Festival of BRITISH archaeology ? - BAJR Host - 29th July 2008

Quote:quote:The Council for British Archaeology is pleased to announce the FESTIVAL
OF BRITISH ARCHAEOLOGY, the new name for National Archaeology Week.

Due to the continued success of the ever expanding and popular National Archaeology Week, from 2009 it will be extended to a fortnight long festival of archaeologically inspired events.

The Festival of British Archaeology 2009 will run from Sat 18th July -
Sun 2nd August. It will retain the general format of National
Archaeology Week but with even more opportunity to participate in a wide range of archaeology related activities across the UK.

Now... at the risk of being called petty etc...

Britain = the whole of the island (and islands)
UK = the UNITED kingdom..

Scotland (which makes up a third of the landmass of the UK and is part of the UK) is not in this Festival of Britain ... Scotland has Scottish Archaeology Month.. note we don't say National (cos it ain't) and we don't say British .. cos it ain't.

I think that England and Wales have done incredible things with Archaeology week.. but it is that... England and Wales, which are also two countries in the UK. They are by themsleves... not Britian OR the UK. Sad

and relax. [xx(]

once again... this video perhaps shows why it leaves a bad taste...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdChs1CSs2E[/video]

"I don't have an archaeological imagination.."
Borekickers

What can you say Smile

Borekickers

Festival of BRITISH archaeology ? - Weegie - 29th July 2008

Chill, Mr Hostie. Such indifference to our sensitivities is just one of the innumerable joys of being Scots, along with regular sporting humiliation and a dietary predisposition to coronary heart disease.

Brian

Festival of BRITISH archaeology ? - RedEarth - 29th July 2008

I'm sure young Limmy will be delighted at getting two postings on BAJR - perhaps he can be sent a trowel as well, for aiding international relations in archaeology, or something.

I've only just received the email about the new Festival of British Archaeology and haven't had time to read it yet. I naively thought that meant it was including Scotland - I seem to be wrong. Perhaps you can get Limmy to speak at the next BAJR conference 'Archaeolgy and national identity as explored through comedic web pages'.

I have to say I don't have much faith in the CBA these days.

I like the idea ... I like it.... I feel another trowel award coming on... perhaps he could rant on the injustice!!

Weegie... you are so right... I would mind less if it was on purpose... it is just that nobody even thought it would p##s off Scotch!

Borekickers

Right... I have contacted Limmy .. and awarded him a BAJR Comedy Trowel Award...

This could take off... Smile

Borekickers

Festival of BRITISH archaeology ? - shovelnomore - 29th July 2008

Would a festival of british archaeology have a fringe for the likes of the advisors to Bone Kickers...?

(edited to remove dodgy spelling)

The British Festival of Buffoonery Smile

Borekickers

Festival of BRITISH archaeology ? - Oxbeast - 30th July 2008

'Britain' would also exclude the Channel Islands and Isle of Man, which are presently included in National Archaeology week.

Festival of BRITISH archaeology ? - BAJR Host - 30th July 2008

Ah.. they are part of Britain, but not the UK

technical pedant that I am (very unlike me Smile

Borekickers