The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Stonehenge consultation - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Stonehenge consultation (/showthread.php?tid=1029)

Stonehenge consultation - Oxbeast - 16th July 2008

Aparrently the government is now consulting on proposals for improving Stonehenge. The tunnel is no more, and now the driving force seems to be getting Stonehenge ready in time for the Olympics. What even is it competing in, my guess would be the decathalon.

I haven't had a look at this in detail, but I notice that the "consultation" is closing in October. Perhaps I'll suggest putting the A303 in a tunnel...

http://www.stonehengeconsultation.org/

Stonehenge consultation - gorilla - 16th July 2008

Stonehenge in readyment for the Olympics? Not sure about the decathlon event.

Given my reading around the subject (particularly the pseudo-science), I have decided that it is a giant skittles set, with the cursus being the alleyway? If so, and with divine and/or alien intervention, perhaps even Britain could win a medal (probably not gold though)

In reality... I wish the money (any money) was diverted to better (much more deserving?) sites.

I hate every ape I see,
From chimpan-a to chimpanzee,
You'll never make a monkey out of me!

Stonehenge consultation - Curator Kid - 17th July 2008

Maybe wandering around with a beard and sandals whilst waving a stick is going to be a demonstration event?

Stonehenge consultation - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 20th July 2008

Or you could have the "how many demonstrators you can sqeeze into a wicker man event?"-with gold going to the country that manages to get rid of the most in on go.
Or even "how many human hearts can be ripped out on a sacrificial stone".
But then the H and S might get involved!}Smile

Stonehenge consultation - Digitaldigging - 20th July 2008

" I have decided that it is a giant skittles set, with the cursus being the alleyway?"

Nice try Gorilla - but recent evidence would suggest it is a visitor's centre that never got finished, the avenue being an early service road forking off the A303.
The attraction? Three poles in a cart park.

Stonehenge consultation - RedEarth - 21st July 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Oxbeast

Aparrently the government is now consulting on proposals for improving Stonehenge. The tunnel is no more, and now the driving force seems to be getting Stonehenge ready in time for the Olympics. What event is it competing in, my guess would be the decathalon.

Surely the hurdles. Very short track, but difficult to get over!

Good to see that while so much lottery money is being diverted into the olympics some of our major heritage sites are still expected to scrub up for the event. They didn't think that one through now did they!

Stonehenge consultation - Austin Ainsworth - 21st July 2008

Synchronised polevault ??

[Image: skull1.gif]