The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Bone Kickers - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Bone Kickers (/showthread.php?tid=1001)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Bone Kickers - Digitaldigging - 18th July 2008

"A fictional dram.. fine... but please don't pretend that 1980s archaeology is the same as today.."

Ah. . .now if it had been set in the eighties. . . I can see the opening credits now. . .

"My name's Mark Horton - I've woken up in a trench with a trowel in my hand. Am I mad, in a coma, or back in time? Whatever's happened, it's like I've landed on a different planet. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home."

I'll get me coat:face-stir:

Bone Kickers - Steve-B - 18th July 2008

Quote:quote:As for the sexism, I hate to say it but there are still some people like that in the world,

Hey dont be like that, there is nothing wrong with appreciating a tit... unless it comes in the shape of Mark Horton... [hm]

http://www.detector-distribution.co.uk

If a job is worth doing, then its worth doing it tomorrow!

Homer (Simpson)

Bone Kickers - BAJR Host - 18th July 2008

bad-a - booomm Big Grin

heard you have a loverly cleavage yerself! [:p]

"No job worth doing was ever done on time or under budget.."
Khufu

Bone Kickers - Steve-B - 19th July 2008

Are you sexually harrassing me Mr Host? (he says emphasising his breasts in a Les Dawsonish way).... Big Grin

http://www.detector-distribution.co.uk

If a job is worth doing, then its worth doing it tomorrow!

Homer (Simpson)

Bone Kickers - Fishslice - 19th July 2008

I much prefer the T mobile advert to Bonekickers. Better script, more substantial characters and beautifully lit. Encapsulates the angst felt by the archaeological community in uncertain day after the publication of the White Paper.......

Remember; other service providers do exist.

New BAJR, new danger}Smile

Bone Kickers - BAJR Host - 19th July 2008

http://www.pasthorizons.tv/tv/view/129/t-mobile-archaeology/

Khufu

Bone Kickers - deposit-it - 19th July 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Steve-B

Quote:quote:As for the sexism, I hate to say it but there are still some people like that in the world,

Hey dont be like that, there is nothing wrong with appreciating a tit... unless it comes in the shape of Mark Horton... [hm]

Les Dawson-ish or manboobs, after talking with many women about this, there is a point to be made (although it is quite funny too and I'm not trying to sap all the life of the workplace.. honest :face-approveSmile
All this is different of course if men know the women very well. We all have male friends that we take (and give) a bit more in the joshing department. I just thought the whole issue needed a bit more definition.

Men look at (young) women a lot and it's okay if they're not too obvious/drooling/still able to speak. If they're being obvious they should be prepared for some comment, welly boot swipe or complaint from the women concerned. Women really do see excessive 'tit' (or bottom) appreciation as an annoyance and/or threat. While I agree with Peter that violence isn't the answer, women often react that way - not enough to cause serious or even slight injury, but enough to make a point. I confess that I have (in my younger days) 'accidently' stood on a man's foot rather hard in a similar retaliation. Other types of comment can be made if women do say something - 'do you have your period?/do you need a Prozac?/have you not had sex for a while?' which are also received badly on the whole.

If men have women in a junior position they should be extra sensitive to it. Women often are under pressure to sleep with their boss (and I'm not saying archaeology is bad, but if you worked as a student in a bar, in an office etc, it happens too). If male supervisors have a young woman in the trench on her hands and knees trowelling and they make it a habit to stand in front or her, or behind her, she's clocked him doing it and probably wishes he wouldn't. Also if women are involved in doing some particularly physical work (fast shovelling/mattocking etc) - we do notice if work slows around us and there's a bit of an audience! We know our boobs jiggle, we can get out of breath and it can be a bit sexy.... but it's WORK! Many women like feeling sexy and appreciated - but not pressured. That's the difference.

Lastly, women will rarely tackle the issue directly. If a man is a bit inappropriate, women will often leave workplaces and move on. But they tell other women about it and there are men who have terrible reputations..... (don't go near him, he'll pinch your bum... watch so and so after two/three pints etc).

I actually think archaeology is much better than many disciplines which is why I'm so disappointed with Bonekickers. Men in archaeology on the whole are lovely, but there are some bad apples.

Thanks

Bone Kickers - BAJR Host - 19th July 2008

http://www.last.fm/music/Randy+Travis/_/Diggin%27+Up+Bones

Seems apt... Wink

Khufu

Bone Kickers - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 20th July 2008

I wonder what non-archis,members of the public think of the show.
Two episodes down and still no mention of "ere are you that Time Team lot"? or as its auntie beeb "meet the ancestors".
Remember them?[:o)]

Bone Kickers - Kel - 20th July 2008

I asked the Aged P (non archi) what he thought of it this avo, and he considers it a rollicking pile of nonsense telly and will be watching the series.

He accepts that it's procedurally lacking, but then he was a member of Er Maj's constabulary for many years and had to suffer Z Cars, The Bill (known in our household as "The Bilge"), Juliet Bravo, The Sweeney etc., so he's used to TV warping reality for the purposes of entertainment.

He's put in his order for a chunk of the True Cross when I find it, as his hip's playing up in this damp weather.

Have to say I was more impressed with episode two, which I watched with trepidation after comments here and the baptism of fire (quite lidderally) of episode one. I thought it was much better quality and a tad more realistic. At least Dolly spent some time grubbing about in a library, even if he did find out far too much interesting information far too quickly.