Have you seen the CIfA Client guide? and have your considered making it available to clients directly?
Following this guide will increase your chances of reaping benefits from your archaeological work and avoiding some of the possible hazards of working in the historic environment.
Involving professional archaeologists early in your project will
- ensure you have the right skills in place to interpret and fulfil your obligations
- help you to plan your resources
- enable you to balance the potentially conflicting demands of managing
archaeology properly and delivering your project
To download a PDF copy of the Client guide, please follow this link: Client Guide PDF version
- Archaeology: a quick introduction
- The historic environment – a resource and an opportunity
- Realising economic and social benefits through archaeology
- Archaeology, planning policy and legislation
- The role of the professional archaeologist
- Working with professionally accredited archaeologists and Registered Organisations