Archaeology and the Historic Environment
Saturday 26 April 2014
Grassington Town Hall
The Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority is holding its annual day school, Archaeology and the Historic Environment in the Yorkshire Dales National Park on Saturday 26 April 2014. It will take place at Grassington Town Hall.
The 2014 day school will have book stalls and poster displays. Speakers at this year’s day school will discuss the results of recent archaeological and historical survey and research. The programme will include talks on:
- Recent work on the Wharfedale henges
- Quality of life at Marrick Priory
- Barden Tower: in the eye of the beholder
- New light on Anglo-Saxon settlement in North Craven
- Community archaeology: fact or fiction
- Discoveries in Craven: 40 years of vernacular buildings studies
- Prison of conscience: Richmond Castle during the Great War
The fee for the day school is £15 (£12.50 for full-time students/full Yorkshire Archaeological Society members). This includes refreshments but not lunch.